IT’S MAILBAG TIME! Fresh this week is an episode answering all of your questions!
On Instagram, followers submitted the musings on their hearts and minds, and we dive into each with short segments in Episode 67 of Small-Minded.
If you’d like Molly to answer one of your burning questions about small towns or small business, send us a message on one of the social platforms linked below! We may just use it in a future mailbag episode!
Hot mentions in the episode:
- How to grow a local following on Instagram?
- 1. Include your location tag in stories and include your store front address in your bio.
- 2. Use hashtags that involve your location.
- 3. Plan out stories where you can include other locations and businesses that people will recognize.
- Is there a way to avoid fake accounts being created on Instagram? There is no way to prevent this, but you can educate your followers on what is happening. As you educate your audience, word will spread and these hacker accounts will dwindle.
- What do you notice about reach and engagement dropping? Ever since the Facebook outage in October, the recording of the metrics on both Facebook and Instagram have been glitchy. There are a lot of inconsistancies,so you have to be a critical thinker. If you’re noticing dwindling insights on your accounts, think to yourself before you post: “would you like or share this post if you were scrolling?” Do you need a fresh perspective? Also, consider if Facebook Ads could benefit your objectives.
- What are your best morning and evening routines? I used to have a very strict routine, but in this season, I’m approaching things with more flexibility. Listen for a little more about how I’m doing this.
- Ways to get people in small towns excited for change and growth? If you want change to happen, you need to get buy-in from community members.
- If you apply for a grant, can you keep applying? When you’re looking to apply for grants I would recommend going to your city administrator and also work with organizations in the communities around you and at the state level.
- How do I hire a VA? If you’re ready to outsource a variety of tasks, it might be time to get a virtual assistant. There are VAs that specialize in different things. Bringing in a virtual assistant to your business can help you get more done in less hours and also get a fresh perspective. MKM actually has VA offerings, reach out for more information!
VISIT OUR SPONSOR CHILLED FREEZER MEALS
I don’t want a lot for Christmas…but if I could get a little help around the house or with holiday prep, that would be great!
Thankfully, my friend Lindsy at Chilled Freezer Meals has my back.
Not only does she make meal and snack time more convenient with her fully frozen meals for local pick up, home delivery to communities throughout Eastern Iowa, AND she also ships meal bundles nationwide, but she also offers gifting options for those on your holiday shopping list!
Check out the new Chilled Favorites Bundle packed with five of Chilled’s best-selling meals that include her bbq cheddar meatloaves, mini lasagnas, breakfast burritos, Tuscan chicken pasta, and parmesan meatball bake. Perfect for those who want to give the gift of time and ease this holiday season. Plus, you’ll be supporting the local, small businesses and farmers that Chilled sources from in their recipes.
Got a new mama on your list? Shop Chilled’s New Mama Meal Bundle with single-serve meals and soups, protein cubes, lactation granola, and new mom affirmation cards to make the transition into motherhood a little easier.
And for those hard-to-shop-for-folks on your list, Chilled also offers digital gift cards so they can choose their own meal delivery at a later date.
Visit chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded to see what Lindsy and her team have in store for you. AND to sweeten the deal, first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Lindsy’s story and how she’s grown her Chilled business, head to Episode 56 of the podcast!
MKM SOCIAL SCHOOL WAITLIST
What are your goals for 2022 in your business?
Do they include increasing sales? Improving customer service? Starting an email list? Launching that new idea? FINALLY understanding social media algorithms???
My friends, you are NOT alone!
MKM’s signature marketing education program for small-town small businesses is relaunching in January 2022 to help you reach your goals next year.
We’ll work together for 12 weeks to better understand marketing for your business, HOW to market your services and products across a variety of digital platforms, and give you the tools and resources to help make this process more efficient.
If you’d like to be the first to know our Winter MKM Social School details, be sure to get on the waitlist at tinyurl.com/mkmsocialschool