Today’s guests are super exciting, my friends. You read that right, not just one but TWO guests are joing us on the podcast this week! You will hear and feel the energy they bring throughout this episode.
This week we welcome Lindsay Leahy and Brooke Fitzgerald, two of the powerhouses behind The Restoration Project in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. At The Restoration Project, their team works with small business owners and corporate entities to help bring meaning back to the work they do.
Lindsay, Brooke, and their team, help businesses build dreams and energy, create calm or structure, and dig deep into what they really stand for beyond just the tasks they complete in the day-to-day. Through their coaching and leadership services, The Restoration Project’s clients can get clear on their vision for the future and take specific, targeted, conscious actions to get their teams to the big goal.
Trust me, you won’t want to sleep on this episode. I couldn’t even note all the insightful quotes they dropped, and I know you’ll be lit up and inspired after hearing their perspectives on work and life.
Enjoy this chat with my friends Lindsay and Brooke of The Restoration Project!
- The Restoration Project was founded in November of 2019 by Lindsay with a dream to help people and organizations reach their full potential.
- What makes them unique is that at The Restoration Project is that they take a holistic approach to their coaching. They dig deep to understand where individuals and teams are at personally and professionally and work with them where they are at today to get them where they want to be tomorrow.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of people to look at work and life differently. Prior to the pandemic, many people were going the motions on autopilot, checking boxes each day. Lindsay, Brooke, and their team see this as an opportunity for people to reevaluate their choices in work and life, and they help lead people through the process of evaluating what they really want.
- “Your personal life does affect your professional life.” – things don’t happen in a vacuum. As people, our emotions follow us through life and can impact our performance and how we show up.
- “It takes courage to accept that there is always room for improvement and restoration, and there’s no shame in that. People have to be willing to have those courageous conversations and say ‘we have room for improvement, I have room for improvement,’” Lindsay says.
- “When you’re in your business, you can’t see what other people see,” Lindsay shares that working with a coach can have a huge transformational impact on your business. “That’s been my shift in coaching…it’s not about needing help or needing support. It’s that desire to be the best you can be and knowing that part of that journey requires an outside perspective.”
- “When you’re open and connected to the greater purpose and meaning in your life…opportunities do present themselves,” Brooke describes their partnership in The Restoration Project as a blessed opportunity and divine timing.
- In addition to individual and group coaching, they are hosting Courageous Leadership workshops locally and women’s retreats in late 2021 and throughout 2022.
- Listen in to the episode for even more!
Follow The Restoration Project and Their Team
Learn more about the members of The Restoration Project team and their upcoming leadership and personal development opportunities get on their email list at the-restorationproject.com. Or follow them on Facebook and Instagram for all their amazing, uplifting content and meaningful lessons.
Visit Our Sponsors
Sweat Inspire Sisterhood
As a business owner and mom, I’ve learned that I need time for myself each day that is set aside for me to just focus and be. No client requests or emails, no “mooooooommmm I need haaaallllpppp”s, and nothing to respond to in-the-moment.
For some me time might look like a bubble bath or reading a book or chilling with your favorite series on Netflix, but for me and about 600 other women, it looks like Sweat Inspire Sisterhood, an online fitness membership and community of women that allows me to get stronger and healthier from the comfort of my own home.
Every day you’ll find me in my basement either before the kids wake up or after they’re in bed, so I can have 30-40 minutes of dedicated time to work on myself. Sometimes that looks like strength training with my dumbbells, other times it looks like a 40-minute HIIT workout where I burn 400+ calories, or even yoga or Zumba.
In addition to the daily live workouts and library of prerecorded options, Coach Erika at SIS also puts together weekly meal plans, grocery lists, and recipes, to help me keep my nutrition in line with my goals.
To learn more about the sisterhood and to try it absolutely free for 7 days, head to sweatinspiresisterhood.com/smallminded.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Coach Erika’s story and how she’s grown the Sisterhood, head to Episode 27 of the podcast!
Chilled Freezer Meals
I’m not sure about you, but fall and winter are busy at our house. Between chicken chores, shuttling kids to school and activities and therapies, harvest, working and LAUNDRY…some nights I don’t start dinner until 6:00. On nights like these, I’m lucky I have a friend who makes mealtime a little easier for our family of 6!
My friend Lindsy at Chilled Freezer meals helps make dinner simple and convenient while using whole ingredients that you can feel good about putting on the table.
Chilled offers fully frozen meals for local pick up and home delivery to communities throughout Eastern Iowa, AND she also ships meal bundles nationwide. They have convenient options for conventional meals including quick prep ideas for the crockpot or Instant Pot, as well as choices for those following a gluten friendly or keto lifestyle.
With budget friendly options in sizes from single serve to portions for large families, they’ve got something to fit your budget and needs…even for those picky palattes like you find at my house 🙂 We love the breakfast burritos – make mornings a dream – and her single-serve meal bundles that are perfectly portioned for those work from home lunches or days when the kids are off school.
If you are more inclined to cook your own meals this winter, Lindsy and her team also offer a range of digital products to make meal planning easier and more accessible so you can get dinner on the table without a lot of fuss.
Visit chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded to see what Lindsy and her team have in store for you. AND to sweeten the deal, first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Lindsy’s story and how she’s grown her Chilled business, head to Episode 56 of the podcast!
Follow for More
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and Facebook
Be the first to comment