Hey there, listener!
Just a heads up before we start today. We have some exciting changes coming! We’re going through a divergence of businesses (Yes, that’s with an S!). The Small Minded Podcast might have a change in name or maybe a new social handle. We’re still sorting out the details. But just so you know, the content you expect is going to continue! We’re down 100 episodes and we’re not going anywhere!
Today we’re talking tactical business strategies. Something even more foundational that what you would think of as the basics: Getting an EIN, registering an LCC, or setting up your first bank account.
My business boot campers know this one because it’s in my first week of training. We’re talking ENERGETICS!
- Small business dreams are made of the hallmarks of vision, energy, and hard work.
- This can feel “woo woo” but you’ve experienced it: Love and joy at a wedding reception or someone who did a terrible job reading their audience.
- We can’t always raise our energy to bright and rosy colored, but we must at least seek neutrality.
- I made a business offer earlier this year that was personally a stretch. I was being my own negative voice! I said things like, “If that doesn’t work it’s totally ok” or I directed contacts to a less expensive service. I totally self-sabotaged by putting out bad vibes.
- I do much better when I’m having a shit ton of fun like with reels or music videos.
- We all have cycles of energy and that’s ok!
- You don’t have to be bright and rosy all of the time, but be aware of how your energy is affecting others. Do your best to come up to contentment. My go-to strategies are listening to great music, walking in nature, or getting a hard ass workout in!