In this episode I’m sharing high school stories, especially from my senior year. It was just graduation weekend here in Cascade and there is excitement in the air! I hope the kiddos (young adults?) who graduated appreciate what a special time this is! There is a reason we call those years the best of our lives (which I don’t full-on agree with… more on that later)!
This was super fun. I had a great time making the episode, and I think it will be super relatable for elder millennials! Remember burning CDs? Or the first iPod and how dumb everyone thought they were… until they didn’t?
I don’t think 17-year-old me could have imagined using a digital camera ON MY PHONE to take pictures of these old pictures to share on a BLOG for my PODCAST! I would love to hear more about your small-town high school days! I’ll link up the socials below!
- Senior year is so special in pop culture and it was for me too! My high school had 7-12 in the same building and I remember thinking the seniors were just so cool!
- I share some of my favorite outfits. Remember how everything in 2005 was 70s inspired? I’m cool with bell bottoms coming back around but low-rise jeans need to STAY AWAY!
- My school had a tradition of a senior skip day and senior prank but my class was a buncha’ rule followers!
- I spent so much time grounded my senior year, which was no fun, but then I somehow didn’t get voted most likely to get grounded? I was so upset about that!
- I share some markers of the time… My Dodge Intrepid, hanging leis from the rearview, burning CDs, and the first time I saw an iPod!
- I don’t think high school makes the best years of your life, but they are certainly the beginning! There is just something magical about being old enough to really get out there and have real fun but not the responsibilities yet!
June Social School
It’s June and school is JUST getting started! Social School is now enrolling for June! This month we’re focusing on captions that convert. What is working for captions right now? How the heck should you format them? This month’s Social School includes:
- Bite-sized video trainings
- Access to supplemental materials
- A Q & A with me
Sign up at my website here. You can sign up for June or jump in for the whole year! An annual membership gets you two free months!