It literally took me 11 tries to get an intro recorded, and to be honest it still isn’t great! But I am just so humbled by today’s guest and honored to have her on the podcast!
Robin Boudreau and her husband Ryan started No Foot Too Small to draw attention to pregnancy and infant loss. We’re proud to have her here in Iowa but their mission has expanded across the country. Her mission is just so necessary and needed.
I just cannot put into words the importance of today’s conversation. But I will try.
- Robin and Ryan are from small-town Wisconsin. They went to college at the University of Minnesota and moved to Iowa City for Ryan’s Post Doc program.
- I love how Robin asks, “How am I going to build MY small town in THIS community.” How cool to make the most of where life takes you? And build community everywhere?
- Robin had her first daughter, Bella, in 2011 and got pregnant shortly after with her son Beau. At her 20-week ultrasound, immediately after finding out he was a boy she learned he had many life-threatening abnormalities.
- Beau was born that January and went immediately to heaven.
- Robin and Ryan knew they always wanted to honor Beau but weren’t sure how. They honored 12 angels that day and over 100 guests!
- After their amazing first event, people asked them to continue hosting, so they did. After three years the Boudreaus and their contributors donated $100,000 to March of Dimes.
- Robin loves March of Dimes but recognized the difference and importance of her mission too. They started No Foot Too Small to specifically recognize pregnancy and infant loss.
- By 2019 the organization was so busy that Robin left her career to grow NFTS full-time.
- The mission of No Foot Too Small is to celebrate, unite, and build. They celebrate angels, unite families, and build bereavement birthing suites.
- Robin wants her support groups to feel like a circle of girlfriends! Their organization hosts meetups in fun and welcoming spaces. Learn more about their Mom’s Groups and Men’s Social Clubs on their website.
- The pandemic caused their group to “pivot” and host online meetups. Her stories are heartbreaking but she loved to meet people across the country.
- When Robin first lost Beau, all she wanted was to cuddle up with a cozy blanket! She searched far and wide for the perfect item to wear to honor Beau. That inspired their line of angel-inspired gifts, Love Beau. 11% of profits go back to No Foot Too Small.