Before I launch into my LOVE for teachers, I need to get a little sassy about how it is NOT FAIR that so many helpers have to share an appreciation week!
To teachers, firefighters, emergency responders, childcare providers, small business leaders, nurses: THANK YOU for all you do for all of us, especially in small towns. Of course you deserve year ‘round appreciation, but the LEAST we could do is give you your own week, dangit!
Today’s episode is all about teachers! They are so revered in our small towns and make such an impact on all of our lives! I look back on teachers who made a difference for me and reflect on my time as a teacher.
- I am a teacher by trade and a lifelong lover of reading! No surprise, my favorite teachers inspired my love of reading.
- My favorite part of teaching was getting students to LOVE reading. We started the term reading for just ten minutes each day. It seems my kiddos who hated reading most in the beginning would beg for more time as the term went on!
- The best part of being a teacher was my students! I still love running in to former students, even though now it’s at our local bar!
- The best but hardest part of teaching is RELATIONSHIPS! Think about how teachers inspired you to do more, try harder, and see the light inside yourself!
- My teacher Mrs. McLaughlin sent a postcard to every new student from where she had traveled that summer. She gave us books when we met our reading goals and I especially loved Roald Dahl books. She really encouraged my love of reading.
- Dianne Knepper let us choose our own assessments as “book reports” and I still remember the Ella Enchanted board game I created.
- Girl scout leaders, aunts, uncles, we are all teachers. Thank you for encouraging kiddos!
- Please take a long hard look at how important supporting our small town teachers is! They give our children so much love and support and teach academics too. Definitely get involved in your kids’ education, but please keep supporting teachers. Education is especially tough right now with people being super critical. Please, please, show teachers your support.
Teachers, you are the best!
I’d love to hear your most beloved teacher stories! Tag me (Molly Knuth Media) or the podcast (Small Minded Podcast) on social media to share.
MKM Business School is in session! This new business school mastermind is perfect for the female small-town entrepreneur in years 2-7 of her business. She’s established but wants to grow! Connect with women at a similar stage and elevate your business and brand.
It’s not just me! I have awesome friends who help provide:
- Monthly focus topics by experts in the field
- Office hours calls from service providers
- Monthly hot seat sessions to learn, grow, and build relationships in-person
- Access to the MKM video training library
- Access to the MKM business service provider directory.
Shoot me a DM on Instagram or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “MKM Business School”