This podcast tackles a common topic… What the HECK is working right now on Social in spring of 2022!
You probably noticed major shifts on Instagram and Facebook earlier this year. With access to client accounts I could extract common themes across the board. I reached out to my network, ran some experiments, and I feel like we have it down. For now.
I shared what I learned in a Facebook Live training and have that recording for you today. I’m a total talker and explainer, but I think I have it down to 45 minutes!
This session focused on six main topics.
- Back when I started in 2017, social media was as simple as posting a video! But as more and more people shared content, the algorithm started to pick and choose what to promote. Now it’s important to strategize so more people see your posts.
- It’s not as simple as just showing up. Watch your stats to figure out what your followers like and interact with.
- Map out what you will post each day to make customers know, like, and trust you.
- Make a quarterly and monthly map.
- I love brand photos and recommend having at least one headshot and maybe a few more. But don’t feel like you always have to be beautiful and branded!
- Balance perfection with reality.
- Multi-image posts are getting great engagement. Not collages, but photos for people to swipe through. This increases your engagement.
- Show yourself! Viewers interact more with people than products.
- Video is so hot right now!
- You don’t have to record a video. Consider just adding a video instead of static background to the content you already have planned.
- Storytelling always works!
- Book recommendation: Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Even if someone doesn’t need your product or service in the moment, stories make you memorable.
- Bring viewers into your life and through your day. Think about parts of your day that can inform and guide.
- Don’t try to be everywhere at once! You will burn out and it’s just too much work!
- Consider owning a space away from the platforms with a blog, website, or email list.
- “Keep your platforms simple but drive them to the big goals for your business”
- “If you wait until you are ready you will always be waiting”
- The perfect polished post is not really what’s working right now
- Dive into what you are doing today and document it!
Follow for More
Follow Molly Knuth Media on Instagram and Facebook
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and Facebook
Be the first to comment