Can you believe it? We are in our very first episode of the New Year! How did we go through 50 episodes in the last year and how are we already in 2022?
As we begin this new year, I know there are a lot of you who have set resolutions. At the beginning of every year, I set goals and this year I want to touch on things we maybe don’t have goals set for. I’m talking social media and digital usage.
Social media is an extension of what we do and not everything about social media is BAD.
Think about it…at our fingertips we have ways to research, connect with people halfway around the world, and during a pandemic, many of us were able to continue distance learning and growing our businesses even in isolation.
What I propose we do with our time on the podcast today is not dwell on the negative of social media like so many people like to do; instead let’s focus on seven action steps you can take to make your social media experience better in the new year.
Some of these steps are just reflections and some require you to make small moves, and others are big. But they are all small ways to remind ourselves social media comes back to the people it connects us to.
- Get quiet and reflect: Write down how do you felt about the 5 most recent interactions you’ve had on social media: in your body, in your mind. Why do you feel those reactions?
- Get rid of the negatives and the low vibes! – which accounts recently caused you to feel badly about your social media experience? What accounts do you hate follow? Which people can you unfollow to improve your outlook? What sites do you want to quit clicking on so you begin to recircuit your algorithm?
- Find the positives! – how have you made positive connections via social media? What have you learned? What would you not have known about without the gift of social?
- Intentional Interactions – take 15 minutes once a week to positively impact your algorithm: comment on accounts you like, share posts you like, and unfollow the negative.
- What’s a gratitude you have today? Share it on your personal social page. It can be as simple as a photo of your morning coffee, or it can be a deeper gratitude that you’ve been reflecting on in these first days of the new year.
- What energy do you bring to your social spaces – Lurker? Encourager? Prayer? Bring POSITIVE energy to your interactions
- What are you going to do to keep this positive intention going?
In 2022, let’s make social media great. Listen to the full episode on iTunes of Spotify for all the details for implementing these 7 steps!
PODCAST SPONSOR: Chilled Freezer Meals
Guys…we need to talk about something personal…your dinner.
My friend Lindsy at Chilled Freezer meals helps make dinner simple and convenient while using whole ingredients that you can feel good about putting on the table.
Visit chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded to see what Lindsy and her team have in store for you. AND to sweeten the deal, first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Again that’s chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded AND first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Lindsy’s story and how she’s grown her Chilled business, head to Episode 56 of the podcast!
PODCAST SPONSOR: Sweat Inspire Sisterhood
Guys, I’m going to get a little personal right now.
As a business owner and mom, I’ve learned that I need time for myself each day that is set aside for me to just focus and be. No client requests or emails, no “mooooooommmm I need haaaallllpppp”s, and nothing to respond to in-the-moment.
For some me time might look like a bubble bath or reading a book or chilling with your favorite series on Netflix, but for me and about 600 other women, it looks like Sweat Inspire Sisterhood, an online fitness membership and community of women that allows me to get stronger and healthier from the comfort of my own home.
Every day you’ll find me in my basement either before the kids wake up or after they’re in bed, so I can have 30-40 minutes of dedicated time to work on myself. Sometimes that looks like strength training with my dumbbells, other times it looks like a 40-minute HIIT workout where I burn 400+ calories, or even yoga or Zumba.
In addition to the daily live workouts and library of prerecorded options, Coach Erika at SIS also puts together weekly meal plans, grocery lists, and recipes, to help me keep my nutrition in line with my goals.
To learn more about the sisterhood and to try it absolutely free for 7 days, head to sweatinspiresisterhood.com/smallminded.
That’s sweatinspiresisterhood.com/smallminded for 7 days of workouts, healthy recipes, encouragement, motivation, friendship, and fitness, at absolutely no cost to you.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Coach Erika’s story and how she’s grown the Sisterhood, head to Episode 27 of the podcast!
Follow for More
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and Facebook
Follow Molly Knuth Media on Instagram and Facebook
For more about our Instagram workshops this month at MKM visit mollyknuthmedia.com/shop.
Be the first to comment