Listeners, I’m so excited to have you here. It’s the week of Christmas and I know you are probably running around with last-minute preparations, but I’m grateful you’re listening to Small-Minded this week.
Today’s episode is action-oriented as I give specific and clear instructions on how to boost your engagment with minimal effort and minimal time. You’ll want to grab a notebook, friend, because today I’m sharing how to schedule out your week between Christmas and New Year on your business’ social media platform. This way you can set your socials on autopilot AND generate highly-engaging posts.
I dub this “Best of Week.”
On December 26, create and schedule a post that says how much you love to reflect at this time of year and look back on what resonated most with your followers in the past 12 months, like a VH1 annual countdown – I lived for those.
For 5-7 days you’ll reshare your best content from the year of 2021 with your followers. Your most liked, most viewed, most commented, most reached posts become repurposed for this “year-in-review” and you can celebrate your successes while creating content that your audience loves to engage with all over again.
Ready to get started?
So how do I find my most successful posts?
- First, I would open a Google Doc, Dropbox Paper, or a notebook to jot these important dates or post synopses as you go.
- Second, you’ll want to do this
- Log in to your Facebook Page:
- Navigate to Facebook creator studio or business suite via the left hand menu
- Click your Posts & Stories tab
- Scroll through and find your top 1-5 posts with the highest reach
- Option 2 for Facebook Platform (I’ve found this to be easier for sorting, but you cannot copy/paste from this avenue)
- Navigate to Business Suite
- Click the Insights tab on the left menu and then click content
- Change date range to “this year” in the upper right of your screen
- Click “ads and posts” – uncheck ads option so you just see organic posts only
- Select “Facebook” or “Instagram” depending on the platform you’re measuing
- Click on the small arrown next to reach, likes & reactions, comments, shares, saves and choose to “descending” to see which posts rise to the top and were your most successful in each category
- Instagram Insights from your phone:
- Go to your account home
- Hit the hamburger menu in the upper right corner
- Select “insights” from the pop up menu
- Click “content you shared”
- Be sure that date range is set to “last year”
- Select the metric you wish to measure from the drop-down menu
Great! Now What?
On December 26, create and schedule a post that says how much you love to reflect at this time of year and look back on what resonated most with your followers in the past 12 months…an introduction to the series if you will. This can be done via a Canva graphic or a simple picture of you. Schedule this in Creator Studio or Business Suite.
From 12/27-12/31 we are repurposing and resharing your popular content
- Referring to the list you made of your most popular posts, use the magnifying glass on your page to search or scroll back to find the original posts on your Facebook page.
- In a second browser tab, navigate to your favorite scheduling tool: I use the “planner” inside Facebook Business Suite
- Copy and paste the original caption into a new post for 12/26. Add the original photo from your computer or if you no longer have access, you can simply save the photo from Facebook to your desktop and then upload to your new post.
- 12/26: Schedule your most commented post from ’21
- 12/27: Schedule your most shared post from ’21
- 12/28: Schedule your most viewed video from ’21
- 12/29: Schedule your highest reaching post of ’21
- 12/30: Schedule your most liked post of ’21
- On 12/31 share a photo of you/your team or create a Canva graphic that thanks your followers for being part of your year and wish them a happy new year.
This process can seem daunting and takes a little clicking around to get started, but trust me when I say that you’ll be glad you took time to schedule this out when it gets to next week!
Best part: it’s already proven to be highly engaging content and it likely will be again!
MKM SOCIAL SCHOOL IS OPEN COMMERCIAL
Feeling happy, free, confused, and lonely all at the same time? Sometimes business ownership can be miserable and magical, yeah?
Especially at this time of year!
But don’t worry business owner, everything will be all right if you keep me next to you!
And next year from January-March, I’m sharing my best marketing strategies with YOU!
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling’22!
Starting in January, we are going to dive into your 2022 business goals and outline your marketing strategy in your social media, website, and email marketing so you don’t have any more blank spaces in your marketing calendar and you can grow the business of your wildest dreams. You know all too well what it feels like to try to market your products and services on the fly.With this 12-week program, you’ll know when and how to talk about your 2022 offers and feel confident that your marketing efforts are working for you.
…are you ready for it?
January: Social Marketing 101 (overview of socials – pick your poison)
February: Website Best Practices
March: Email Marketing Best Practices
Who is this for?
- Small town small business owners
- Business owners who want to know not only what to say but how to say it
- Business owners who want to bring all their marketing channels together so they work together to tell your story and authentically connect with your audience & community
- Want to network with other small business owners
- Work well in an online format
Get all the details on signing up at mollyknuthmedia.com/shop!
Janey Stahl Coaching
It’s year-end and you’re probably reviewing 2021’s performance as you prep and plan for next year, right?
For me at MKM, that looks like updating pricing, updating contracts, prepping for taxes, assessing profit/loss, etc. as I make a game plan for structure and services in 2022.
But I didn’t start out in the first year (or the first 4!) knowing how to do this. Do you?
Do you know which areas of your business you need to focus on building next year? Do you know which steps to take to make those improvements?
As you know, revenue does NOT equal profit or take home pay in your business. So how do we grow more than just the gross revenue and actually make some money in 2022?
Thankfully, my friend Janey Stahl is a fractional CFO and she is an expert in just this type of thing.
She helps business owners see that sustainable profitability requires high performance in all areas of their business.
And with her expertise, she guides them through the process of analyzing profit, offers, services, products, and time spend so that business owners can work smarter in the exact areas that will keep their business working profitably for years to come.
Right now, Janey is offering a free assessment to help you determine which area of your business could be improved in ’22 and it’s FREE! In this guide she walks through creating your unique business plan for next year and identify specific steps you should take to strengthen your business’ foundation!
Go to janeystahl.com/smallminded to download the free assessment today!