Welcome to this Halloween Week episode of the Small-Minded Podcast!
This week we’re going to chat about spooky social media blunders you may have encountered or could encounter in the future while marketing your small business online.
Take a listen to my spooky social stories with tips to combat the situation if it happens to you!
- Spooky Social Story #1: Someone on your team misrepresents your business online – I know it has become more commonplace in recent years that when individuals are hired, social media is brought up. I think it’s valid to have a conversation with your new hires on your social media policies and what you prefer your employees do so you can avoid a spooky situation like I experienced a few years ago with a client.
- Spooky Social Story #2: Getting a bad review or post about your business that spreads like wildfire online – Negative reviews hurt, but if we have a presence on social at least we can see those negative things and address the situation.
- Spooky Social Story #3: Your account gets hacked – There are three steps I recommend to prevent your account from getting hacked.
- Make sure your account is connected to an email address you use regularly.
- Change your password quarterly.
- Set-up two factor authentication.
- Spooky Social Story #4: Messing up on a live video – Live videos can be hard. My rule of thumb is sleep on it, and if you’re still uncomfortable with it the next morning, take it down. Typos and dead links happen too, but just go in and edit the caption and shrug it off!
- Spooky Social Story #5: Getting into a dumpster fire comments section or negative post. – We can’t control what people say but what you can control is your reaction to it and your own response: “If you wouldn’t say it face to face don’t say it on social media.”
Have you had any “spooky social media” run-ins? Share with me in the comments!
Follow for More
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and FacebookFollow Molly Knuth Media on Instagram and Facebook
Be the first to comment