Today, I’m SO honored to welcome Lillie Beringer to the podcast.
Lillie is a third-generation FarmHer from just outside of Cascade, Iowa. Being one of twenty-six grandchildren, Lillie is the only one who is working her grandparent’s family farm. Not only is this a hugely impressive feat for anyone keeping a family farm operating, but when you hear how it came to be, you will be blown away by her love and tenacity for what she does. Not to mention that she was only twenty-five when she made this purchase.
Lillie is primarily a beef farmer with row crops to feed her livestock. But not only is Lillie a FarmHer, she is also a feed sales rep for her day job. Like many in the ag community, she has this job off the farm to help supplement her income. And to top it all off, she has recently started a direct-to-consumer beef business selling her beef products to people across the U.S.
I am so excited to introduce Lillie to you all and have her share her passion for agriculture and business!
- Under a tight timeline, Lillie was told she only had sixty days to buy the family farm. After being rejected three times, Lillie was not giving up until her loan was approved.
- Working with cow-calf owners in her day job, Lillie used her resources to figure out her budget and make a cow-calf operation work in order to make payments on the land.
- The gap from farmers to consumers is growing further apart every day. In response to this, Lillie began a social media page to share what she was doing from day to day to educate the public.
- After taking a small business start-up course and finding a locker to process her cattle, Lillie was able to launch her beef business selling retail cuts to the public. She offers farm pick-up and ships to all fifty states.
- “Small businesses all around want to see you succeed, and they want to help out,” Lillie remarks on the friendship, opportunities, and connections she’s made with surrounding small businesses in recent years.
- “I have so much good that has come from my Facebook and Instagram,” says Lillie. As her business and social following has grown, Lillie has had opportunities for collaboration and found inspiration and connection with other small business owners and farmers online.
Connect with Lillie!
Follow all that Lillie does in a day and check out her beef business by checking out Beringer Family Farms on Facebook, Instagram, and her website!
Follow for More
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and Facebook
Be the first to comment