This episode of the found podcast is unlike any other you have heard here before!
Number one: we have a guest on the podcast for the first time in months! We are welcoming my sister Jessie Ryan to the pod today, and Jessie brings with her a fresh perspective that we haven’t had on the podcast before!
Jessie comes to us as a nurse and leader in the health care field. She is part of the University Of Iowa Hospitals And Clinics, and today we really do talk about anything and everything.
We wanted this to just be like a fun little conversation between sisters.
We are lovingly calling this “Cascade Heights” because, you know, siblings hosting a podcast together with no apparent point…I mean doesn’t it just bring you the “New Heights” Jason and Travis Kelce vibe??? So we’re calling it “Cascade Heights” because that’s where we came from: Cascade, Iowa.
We talk about our upbringing in a small town.
We talk about Christmas memories.
We talke about the best Christmas gifts we’ve ever received.
We talk about memories of Christmas.
FYI: parents you might want to watch out for little ears as you’re listening to today’s episode!
We talk a lot about what computers used to be like.
We talked about recording cassettes off the radio.
We talk about her work experience and what it means to be a leader, how workplace culture affects the value you feel in the workplace, and how she’s really seeing the importance and the emphasis on culture by her own leadership team.
So, we talk about a lot of things you know Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Polly Pocket, The Sims, but please know that there isn’t really a point.
While you won’t get a ton of business expertise from today’s episode, I hope you get some giggles and some joy! From me to you, happy holidays and I will see you in the new year!
- High School Musical 3 TikTok we reference: https://www.tiktok.com/@giannacervino/video/7310984936809319723?_r=1&_t=8i70RkZ0gUI
- Polly Pocket set we reference: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxksHRotU-a/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
- Loving Family Dollhouse that Jessie references: https://www.ebay.com/itm/364621207003?hash=item54e51e15db:g:E~kAAOSwCnxlS~BM
- This is what I was picturing in my head: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295959816882?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28
- The Sims 1 Gameplay: https://www.tiktok.com/@ryanplaysthesims/video/7301422497361153312?lang=en
- The Sims 2 Trailer: https://email@example.com/video/7110279272673168645?lang=en
- Jessie’s Barbie Dream House: https://www.tiktok.com/@thenostalchick/video/7251219502149487914?_r=1&_t=8i8DZP8VeWN