Hey there, listener.
In this week’s solocast we’re tackling the to-do list. Specifically, what is on your list just to do and what is there to make a real difference in your business?
How many courses or workshops have we taken without implementing? How many self-help books have we read without helping? How many storage bins have we purchased without doing any organizing?
This podcast discusses the difference between action instead of just motion. As small business owners, we’re always moving. But do our motions move us forward?
- Sweat Inspire Sisterhood Drop 10 linked here, follow Erica on Instagram and Facebook
- “The pursuit of a goal isn’t just in managing the mile markers to get us to that end result.”
- “We don’t rise to the level of our goals, we fall to the level of the systems we put in place as we reach for those goals.” – Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Stack habits you would like to adopt with habits you already have.
- Consider workshops and education opportunities carefully. Do they put you in ACTION or just in motion?
- “Motion in a business can look like creating the world’s most gorgeous social media content calendar, but it is only motion if you don’t actually push publish on the post.”
- Analyze the actions you make regularly and question how the result will help you in the long run.
- Build a reflection time into you schedule at least once a week to revisit if your actions are moving the needle.
- Dollars are not your only currency. Also consider how you spend your time and energy.
- Suneera Madhani of the CEO School Podcast has the method of Do, Delegate, and Delete for determining what tasks to focus on.
- “Rest is an active choice when you are someone who is ambitious and motivated and driven.”
- Your homework is to TAKE ACTION. Don’t just let your next business podcast play, go now and GET STARTED on something you took away from today.