Hey friend! Welcome back to the Found podcast. This week I met with the brilliant Sarah Waldbuesser of Destination Legal.
If the THOUGHT of legalese brings on hives, this is the episode for you. Sarah is passionate about helping coaches and entrepreneurs achieve their dreams in a smart and protected way. This episode is packed with the legal advice every business needs. You’ll want to bookmark this one for sure.
- If you are considering outsourcing bookkeeping or financial services, and intensive day with Sheila Hansen, CPA is THE way to get started. Learn more on Sheila’s website on the services tab. (P.S. Sheila has been a guest on the podcast before!)
- Content Confident subscription from MKM: More efficient, less stressful, plug and play social media strategy
- Sarah is a wife, mama, traveller, and wine lover who started Destination Legal seven years ago to pursue a laptop lifestyle. She booked a one-way ticket to Thailand determined to make her business work. (Spoiler alert: It did!)
- Sarah is an advocate for good contracts. She says they’re even more important than getting an LLC or insurance. No matter the size or location of your business, contracts build boundaries and set expectations.
- Destination Legal has different contract templates for different industries. Life coaching has different liability than fitness and nutrition, for example.
- If you’re confused about what services you may need, check out Sarah’s starter bundles. You can build as you grow.
- When to trademark? Sarah says to do the gut check: How would you feel if you received a cease and desist for your signature program? If it would totally rock your business you need to trademark.
- Should you get an LLC or S Corp? S Corps are for corporations. You can always start with an LLC and move up to an S Corp in the future.
- The FIRST legal help you need is a contract, LLC comes next. Don’t let the LLC stop you from getting started, but a contract is a must.
- Here is a link to Sarah’s free legal checklist for coaches.