Listeners, you are in for a treat with today’s guest on the Found podcast.
Karoline Rose Bohannan is a multipassionate entreprenuer and rancher in Montana. Her mission is to provide space and resources for cattlewomen and people in agriculture to ensure that operations continue for generations to come.
Get your pen (or, in Karoline’s case, a pencil!) and paper because her business mind had me floored. You can tell a few times in the recording that I am totally tongue tied by her creative ideas!
- Karoline comes from an agriculture-income family in Montana. Health challenges made college at Kansas State difficult, so she moved home and completed an animal science degree at Montana State. When it came time to accept a job, she realized she needed to work for herself. She wanted to work hard, just not for someone else, so she started selling cattle under her own company.
- Her first summer after college was rough, but she had a break selling cattle through social media in just seven minutes. Eventually seed stock companies approached her and she now does full service marketing.
- Karoline has three main branches of business: Full service marketing and design through KRose Company, education through Cattlemen U, and Rancher’s Daughter, a farm to table resale store.
- As an Enneagram 8, Karoline is a challenger and loves a fast pace.
- Being busy for 8 hours is not the same as working for 8 hours. Do the hard hard work.
- “It takes on average 21 times for someone to see your work before they exchange money with you”
- Sales is different from marketing. If you are getting rave reviews from your clients but business is down, it is time to seek out more clients. More people need to know who you are and what you sell.
- Karoline is active in her community with belly up marketing: Volunteering and being involved where people can see you in person and shake your hand.
- EOS (Entrepreneurship Operating System) has been a game changer.
- Karoline is eager to learn and seeks input from her team. She says if you have integrity and are hungry you will do well. She is always going back to core values.
- Coming soon: Karoline is launching a personal brand and planner.
Connect with Karoline
Find Karoline’s personal brand on Instagram which has links to each of her business branches.