Hey there, listener.
There are just not enough Tuesdays in March to showcase all of the kickass female business owners I wish I could. This week’s episode features SIX of my business besties. We have been on a Voxer group chat together since the beginning of 2022 and I am so grateful to have the support of these women in my life. I know you’ll love them too.
Meet the Badass Midwest Business Babes(We don’t have a formal name, so that’s what I’m going with today!)
Lindsy Trotter of Chilled Freezer Meals in Center Point Iowa. She’s been in business five years and sends freezer meals all across the country (and just up the road to Cascade!)
Sheila Hansen of Sheila Hansen CPA who has been helping female business owners understand their numbers and make confident business decisions for seven years.
Erika Hermsen of Sweat Inspire Sisterhood, an online fitness and nutrition community set to open its first brick-and-mortar this year.
Marissa Hoffman, co-owner of The Midwest Girl, a shop with THE BEST apparel and goods with Midwest appeal.
Maddie Peschong, a personal brand photographer, coach, and host of the Take It Personally podcast. She also rents out studio space to Souix Falls, South Dakota photographers through White Space Studio.
Michelle Myers who creates all the good smells for her company Dirt Road Candle Co.
- There is no magic road to follow to become a business owner
- “There’s not a right decision, just pick the next good step”
- Don’t underestimate figuring it out as you go. Get comfortable with not having all the answers.
- Ikigai: The intersection of what you love, what you are good at, what the world needs, and what you can be paid for.
- “I’m not going to walk away allowing you to think I’m playing small” – Lindsay
- Letting go will allow for organic growth instead of pushing too hard to the next level: “Hold on to money with loose fists”
- “What is that line of enough-ness and how can I start to validate myself outside of these external milestones and success markers that are arbitrary?”
- Listener, if 2022 was weird and terrible, SAME! We all agree we couldn’t have made it through without support and admit to wanting to BURN IT TO THE GROUND in the last year.
- Everyone has their own value of enough-ness. Make your own definition.
- Only one of us is an Enneagram 4, the rest are 3s. IYKYK.
- Ego gets in the way and causes burnout. We tend to think we are the only ones who can do what we do, but we need to let that go in order to focus on what we do best and get comfortable with outsourcing.
- “They are also working that hard to get it, you just don’t see it”
- GET A GROUP! If there is anything to take away from today’s episode, it’s to reach out and get a community of women around you. You can join a formal mastermind or just get a Voxer chat together like us.
Connect with each of my business besties through the links above.