Hey, listener. I just love this week’s guest, and if you don’t already, you will after this episode.
Nicole Kerns is a small town Iowa mom known for her DIYs shared with hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers. She seemed so approachable that I got the guts to DM her and invite her on the show. I’m so thrilled to have her, and yes, she is exactly as awesome as she seems on social media.
- Nicole Kerns is a small town Iowa mom of three and self-taught DIYer. She has a mega following, deservedly so, through Hill House Diaries on Instagram and TikTok.
- Nicole was looking to bring back her identity after years as a stay-at-home mom. She was familiar with Instagram as a consumer but a friend encouraged her to dive in to content creating. She made the goal to inspire others to “just go for it” even if they were scared or nervous.
- Nicole encourages people to dive in, get messy, and try. Don’t wait for the step-by-step tutorial to get something done perfectly, because everything is fixable.
- From both a strategy and community building standpoint, Nicole says (and I agree!) that followers especially like the not-so-polished stuff. In Social Media 2.0 people are invested. “Day in the life” story series have been very popular for Nicole.
- Nicole works with a manager and virtual assistant. She says she’s willing to hire someone to help than “have a phone constantly in front of my face.” But she reminds us she didn’t have the help to start, and it’s something you can work towards.