Hey everybody! I’m so excited for the first episode of the new year!
The 365 days ahead of us lay out like an open book. How do we do this life ahead of us? Are you, like me, visualizing what could be?
This episode focuses in on what we can be doing now to nurture our best year yet as entrepreneurs. 2022 was a great year for me but had a lot of internal struggle. I’m excited to start 2023 in a more intentional place and I hope this episode helps you join me.
- I prefer intentionality over goal setting. James Clear, author of Atomic Habits, says for some, the goal setting process becomes empty when the goal is achieved. Life really begins after the goal.
- I had a six-figure year, and, newsflash, I didn’t fundamentally change. “What really changes us is who we are being in the process of attaining that goal.”
- I’m focusing on how I want to feel as I go through my year instead of external goals. “How do we want that success to feel along the way?”
- I like to ask myself “What would future Molly do?” In a guided meditation with Kelly Brock of Peaceful Performer I had a clear vision of the Me of 2023. I was so peaceful and totally present in the moment! I’m working on making that vision a reality.
- Identify and record how I feel. Write it down and solidify it.
- I need to audit my life to identify things that give me more of that feeling and get me closer to that woman I visualized. “If I want things to be different, then I need to be different.”
- I need to give myself grace, margin, and LOTS of reminders. I’m remembering that baby steps are ok!
- All the best, and blessings in the new year!