Hey Listener- can you believe we reached the final episode of the year? It’s a solocast after a fall chock full of interviews with amazing female guests.
I hope you enjoyed the interviews as much as I have! I hope you enjoy this episode too. I’m recapping the year: The wins, the challenges, and proposals for a new metric to evaluate our year… In ways OTHER than wins and challenges.
- I checked a big item off my 100 goals list: I bought a building! When I first started MKM I knew my mission was to highlight small towns and give businesses a voice. This milestone was a way to “put my money where my mouth is” and invest in my small town. (Link to the episode about the building)
- I became a six figure business owner! There’s a big difference between revenue and profitability, but this is still a huge win and a personal goal of mine.
- I redefined the brand and focused in on my why (Link to Mariah Danielson episode).
- “Some Years give you questions. Other years give you answers.” Zora Neale Hurston
- I took a master class with Melanie Ann Layer and adopted some practices like slow mornings and taking time to enjoy the flexibility I built into my business.
- Keeping my vision was a challenge and I really struggled with big existential questions this year.
- I only had two haircut/color appointments this year. Ha! My hair isn’t important here, it’s that I hustled too hard much of the time and lost sight of time for myself, friends, and family.
- Profitability was a challenge. Inflation kicked everyone’s butt this year, and it, among other things, was hard on my business too.
Things contributing to growth
- I worked on developing my leadership skills
- I looked for places where I can be proactive instead of “living my life as a response”
- I embraced my status as a “teenager business” after my VIP intensive with Sheila Hansen.
New metrics for reflecting on our year
- When did I feel stupid happy?
- When did I feel at peace?
- When did I fulfill my calling (or, when did I think, “Holy shit, this is why I do what I do”)
- What was a moment of clarity?
- A moment you knew you needed to change something?
- A moment you realized time is fleeting?
- A moment you realized you are in charge of yourself?
- A moment you realized just how frickin’ lucky you are?
- A great book?
- A great movie? (Or Netflix series, shout out to Bridgerton!)
- A great friendship started this year?
- A project you finished and were so proud of?
- Best and worst purchases?
- Best and worst courses?
- Big mistakes made?
- Big moves made?
- Best workout?
- That big brave thing you thought you wouldn’t do?
We made it! I hope you find peace and rest this holiday season and wish you a very happy new year!