Hey there, listener!
You’re going to want a pencil and paper for this one. I’m answering one of my most frequently asked questions.
How do I get MORE
- People to see my content?
- People to hear my message?
- Clients? Leads on clients?
I’ll take this episode to share five ways to create visibility and awareness around your next offer. It’s not just tips and tricks this time! Short-term wins are great, but long-term awareness around your business and brand is our focus today.
- If you’re on the go and can’t take notes, grab my free printable visibility checklist here.
- First, define this thing you need more exposure around. WHAT is it? WHY is it worth featuring? HOW will followers reach your product or service? Do a big brain dump of everything you can think of related to these questions. Get clear about the problem you want to solve and the people you want to serve.
- Consider all of the potential formats OTHER than social media to get the word out. What about podcasting- either on your own or as a guest? Speaking of being a guest, is there someone you could pair with to do an Instagram stories takeover?
- Create in-person brand awareness. I have my business logo on my vehicle, for example. I gifted my clients an MKM tumbler for their birthday. It helps to keep you on their mind!
Long form first
- Yes. I, social media strategist, am telling you that long form is the place to start. Create an evergreen piece of content like a blog post or email newsletter to anchor your outside social media. It’s okay to only update once a month, but have something there. It’s your place to connect on an emotional level.
Where can you share?
- Ask yourself who you could tag to increase visibility. Maybe it is an organization that benefits from your product
- Just be a person, honestly. Interact genuinely with others on your feeds and channels.
- Okay, so I squeezed some quick tips in. I know my listeners love those!
- Share to your personal social media. I don’t do this often, so when I do, it’s a big deal!
- Jump on a trend if it fits your product or service. I loved the recent “Little Miss” memes. If that’s to cutesy for your brand, leave it.
- Carry a business card.
- Reach out and ask for a collaboration. Shoot your shot! (Omigoodness guys, I did this recently and have SUCH a great podcast guest coming up!)
How can I help?
- Sign up for social school! You can participate one month at a time or join for the rest of the year for a great rate. This September we’re focusing on getting your business ready for the holidays.
- Sign up for social school at mollyknuthmedia.com/shop
- Reach out with an Instagram DM!