Hey friends! Thank you so much for being here for this week’s Small Minded Episode.
We’re digging in and I’m ready to deliver a little more on the business side. This episode is short and sweet but I hope you find it value-packed.
- Usually when someone approaches me to share they’re thinking about starting a small business, they are thinking about a logo or website. Those things are important, but it all comes down to four main things.
People will pay you for what you are good at.
- I used to moonlight as a wedding singer but never charged much. I was good at it, it didn’t take much time. But I learned to charge for the value I offered!
- Think about what you have paid others to do. Someone is willing to pay you!
- People don’t have the skills or bandwidth to do things you perceive to be easy. It’s the little things they outsource first.
Your skills and talents are unique.
- Not everyone knows how to do the things you find so, so simple!
You don’t have to be fancy to be good.
- I should have charged more earlier, but I didn’t realize how unique I was. I just posted what I wanted to know and learn. Now I know it’s called content marketing. But it got great results for my clients!
- If you have a small, service-based business, you should promote your own business AT LEAST as much as the businesses you serve.
Your mindset and energy matters.
- Think beyond “a little side gig” and give your business the respect it deserves!
- Any time I have felt a nagging that my business needed to change, the thing to change was me. I recently had to flip the script to think of myself as the leader of a team instead of someone on the team doing the work.
Follow for More
MKM Business School
School is in session, my friend! MKM business school is for the female small town business owner in years 2-7 of her business. She’s established and needs guidance to grow! When should you add to your team? How are you setting boundaries? Find a circle that can elevate you to create something that lasts.
Business school includes:
- Monthly guest professor visit on a focus topic
- Two monthly office hours with a service provider
- Monthly hotseat for members to come together and build relationships
- Access to the ENTIRE MKM video training library
- Access to our business service provider directory
DM me on Instagram or sign up with an email to email@example.com with the subject line “MKM Business School.”