Welcome back to the Small Minded Podcast, listener!
I’m excited to welcome my friend Melissa King of Dupaco Credit Union. It won’t take long into the episode for you to see how we always have fun together! We giggle as much as we talk shop, but we DO talk shop.
Melissa is here to talk about her career in financial services. She emphasizes the importance of forming a partnership with your financial partner and makes finances make sense.
- Melissa King lives with her family on an acreage near Bernard, and Cascade, Iowa. She was raised on a beef farm just a few miles away, where her parents live now.
- Melissa says she is the “Queen of Pivoting” along with many entrepreneurs! Yes!
- Volunteering and hard work were important to Melissa growing up. She continues to stay involved in the community.
- She found her position at Dupaco as a temporary employee at age 18 and has been with them since. She originally didn’t think she would do college but now holds an MBA!
- Community is important to Melissa and one of the best takeaways from business school was the connections and friendships she made.
- Melissa loves meeting with small business owners at every stage of the game and following their progress.
- Your relationship with your financials is an important one! Check in at least as often as you connect with your accountant or attorney. Melissa says your financial should get to know you and discuss custom solutions.
- Look to America’s Small Business Development Centers for professional business advice by state.
- Melissa has become a small business owner herself! She and her family raise miniature golden doodles.
Connect with Melissa
You can reach Melissa by phone at five-six-three-581-9081 or email at mking [at] dupaco.com