Hey there, listener. Welcome to this BIG episode of SMALL Minded!
I think this will be the first in a long series of big news and updates. It’s so exciting because my dreams are happening in real time!
This episode is a little shorter than usual, but it is so big it needed a space all its own.
Listen to the episode and DON’T skip ahead on the notes!
- Before I share our BIG NEWS let’s take a journey back in time to my beginnings as a business owner!
- I loved my job as a middle school English Language Arts in 2013 but when I found out I was pregnant with our third baby I really wondered if I could balance my job with teaching. I finished out the school year and had our baby in August 2014.
- 2014 was a blur! In addition to adding Baby #3 we built a house! My littles kept me plenty busy!
- In 2016 I had our fourth baby and started to wonder if there was an identity for me beyond “Mom.” I wanted to make some money for our family so I took on some subbing jobs and helped with administrative help in my dad and cousin’s business.
- Part of my administrative tasks was marketing. I didn’t really know what I was doing but made a Facebook business page. I just shared what I wanted to know about businesses: What projects were they working on, stories and faces behind the business, etc.
- Whatever I did must have worked! They got great results! By late 2016 a third person contacted me and I made the leap to becoming a “real” business.
- March 2017 was my official launch. I continued to grow and in November wrote a 5- and 10-year plan. It seemed SO far off at the time, but for my five years I dreamt of:
- A historic brick-and-mortar location in my hometown
- Employing moms in a flexible setting
- Boutique coffee
- A one-stop shop for small business startups with service provider recommendations, digital marketing services, and a startup sector
- You guys. I can’t believe how much of this is coming true! MKM has added podcasting, graphic design, copywriting, web design, and as of June 1, 2022: A BRICK AND MORTAR LOCATION!!
- Seriously. In early 2022 I noticed the beautiful old bank next to my coworking space up for sale on a Tuesday and we had an offer in by Saturday morning! Last week it officially became ours!
- Follow on the socials for lots of updates on the renovation process! I’m so excited to bring you along.
- Mailbag episode is scheduled for later this month! Submit your questions!
(Business) School Is In Session!
MKM Business School Mastermind is for women in years two through seven of their business who are ready to scale from startup to sustainable. Connect with a circle ready to elevate you to create something that lasts.
What you get:
- Guest “professor” with a focus topic each month
- Two guest experts (“adjunct professors”) throughout the month with a special focus. Hear from HR professionals to start hiring, attorneys to answer legal questions, and more
- Monthly Hot Seat Session
- Bonus 1-on-1 coaching with Molly
- Access to MKM video training library
DM me on Instagram or shoot me an email at email@example.com with subject line MKM Business School.