Listeners help me welcome Jade Boyd to the Small-Minded podcast!
Jade is a brand photographer and business coach located in Iowa City, Iowa. Jade loves filling her time running her business and doing home renovation projects with her husband….ok, “love” might be a stretch on the home reno, but I know I love following along!
I can attest Jade is a great brand photographer as I’ve been lucky enough to have her do my brand photos this past year. Jade is so talented with her photography, she can help tell a story through a photo, but she also takes it to the next leveto help her clients create content with their images and connect with their ideal customers.
In 2022, Jade’s business is making a small pivot as she helps clients streamline and organize their business operations to get more efficient and save time and money. Through 1:1 services, a template for her favorite organizing software, and a brand-new PODCAST launching at the end of the month, Jade Boyd Co is doing big things for business owners in the new year, and I’m so excited to dive into Jade’s story and her plans with you today!
- After Jade completed her bachelors degree, she went on to get her MBA at the University of Iowa. She had many possibilites she was considering for post-graduation, including becoming a photographer, opening a coffee shop, writing a book, etc. After graduation when she looked at a list she had made of pros/cons of each possible business venture before her. She knew photography was something she could pursue right away with minimal captial investment, so she went after it.
- “The best time to invest in brand photography is when you’re trying to get in front of new audiences and make the best first impression,” Jade shares about when to know brand photography is the right investment for your business.
- “Get someone who you think you can work with over the long haul.” Jade covers the importance of getting a photographer that can get to know your brand really well and become a brand strategist alongside you.
- Jade realized her heart was with creatives, and she loves helping creatives grow their businesses through what she has learned in her education and business experience.
- “Having that system in place for your business helps you know what to do next.”
- Her VIP Day offer emerged organically. She focuses on working 1:1 with business owners to transform their businesses to get organized and emerge with a business management system. Jade begins with goal setting, goes through her proprietary Organize Your Business Clickup template and at the end of the day they have a work flow for eveything in their business set-up.
- “I don’t think entrepreneurs are lacking any sort of motivation or energy to build their business, but I think at the end of the day what holds a lot of people up is having these really big goals or dreams and not knowing how to take just one step at a time.”
- “It is important to know what you are good at and what you are not good at. And what types of people you do need to bring into your business to fill out some of those areas that you can’t do yourself. You can’t do everything well.”
- For more, listen to the full interview with Jade in Episode 72 of the Small-Minded Podcast.
Get more from Jade Boyd Co
Follow along with Jade for her upcoming brand photography session offers, her new services and podcast drop, and of course, for home reno projects! Give her a follow over on Instagram and head to her website to grab her FREE How to Batch Plan a Productive Work Week Guide or The Organize your Business Template.
SPONSORED BY: Chilled Freezer Meals
Guys…we need to talk about something personal…your dinner.
My friend Lindsy at Chilled Freezer meals helps make dinner simple and convenient while using whole ingredients that you can feel good about putting on the table.
Visit chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded to see what Lindsy and her team have in store for you. AND to sweeten the deal, first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Again that’s chilledfreezermeals.com/pages/smallminded AND first time customers can get 10% off their order by using promo code SMALLMINDED.
Psst: if you’d like to hear a little more about Lindsy’s story and how she’s grown her Chilled business, head to Episode 56 of the podcast!
SPONSORED BY: Janey Stahl Coaching
If you’re a business owner, then right now you’re probably reviewing 2021’s performance as you prep and plan for 2022, am I right?
For me at MKM, that looks like updating pricing, updating contracts, prepping for taxes, assessing profit/loss, etc. as I make a game plan for structure and services in 2022.
But I didn’t start out in my first year (or the first 4!) knowing how to do this. Do you?
Do you know which areas of your business you need to focus on building next year? Do you know which steps to take to make those improvements?
As you know, revenue does NOT equal profit or take home pay in your business. So how do we grow more than just the gross revenue and actually make some money in 2022?
Thankfully, my friend Janey Stahl is a fractional CFO and she is an expert in just this type of thing.
She helps business owners see that sustainable profitability requires high performance in all areas of their business.
And with her expertise, she guides them through the process of analyzing profit, offers, services, products, and time spend so that business owners can work smarter in the exact areas that will keep their business working profitably for years to come.
Right now, Janey is offering a free assessment to help you determine which area of your business could be improved in ’22 and it’s FREE! In this guide she walks through creating your unique business plan for next year and identify specific steps you should take to strengthen your business’ foundation!
Go to janeystahl.com/smallminded to download the free assessment today!
That’s janeystahl.com/smallminded for more clarity, less confusion, and confidence knowing you are doing the right things to grow your business in the year ahead.
Psst: If you’d like to hear more from Janey, head to episode 54 of the Small-Minded Podcast for her inspiring story of entrepreneurship and financial tips for business owners of any size.