What’s your favorite coffee? If you answered anything other than a Bob & Lou’s salted caramel cold foam cold brew then you’re wrong and we can’t be friends.
Just kidding! But seriously, today’s guest doesn’t just make my favorite cup of coffee, but she has an inspiring story about starting her dream business in a vintage coffee camper. So many times along her journey it seemed like she was faced with a roadblock, like when she was denied a loan from the first bank she approached or when COVID-19 hit and the world shut down. But just as it seemed her luck would run out, the stars aligned and something big would happen for Sarah.
I love that she is only 25 years old and celebrating her first anniversary in business, but that she carries herself and her brand with a maturity that is wise beyond her years.
From her advice about researching your product to serving your ideal market, today’s interview with Sarah Knabel of Bob & Lou’s coffee is one you will NOT want to miss!
- Learning about yourself, your strengths, your setbacks, and what suits and excites YOU is key in finding your business niche.
- Sometimes serendipity happens. The stars align and luck is on your side as you’re getting the pieces of your business together. Run with it when opportunities present themselves!
- “Don’t take ‘no’ as an answer.”
- Silver linings: COVID-19 presented a lot of hardships and struggles in Eastern Iowa, but for Sarah it gave her the gift of time. She was able to step away from her bartending job, get clear on her vision, research and write a business plan, and get her coffee camper started.
- Family is a cornerstone of her brand and business.
- Being excited to come to work and sharing that excitement with customers is a tenant of the Bob & Lou’s business.
- “There are so many amazing women entrepreneurs out there.” Sarah recommends networking to help you grow your brand awareness because these women are willing to share and help you out as you get your start.
- And tons more stories and insights. Listen to the full episode for all that Sarah has to share!
Brew up some love for Bob & Lou’s!
Want more of Sarah and my favorite coffee place in the world? You can find her @bobandlous on Facebook and Instagram, or visit www.bobandlous.com to browse the menu, check the camper calendar, or order some of her adorable merch!