Hey, business owner!
Do you use Facebook for your business?
Have you seen the big changes made in 2021 for your business page?
Are you frustrated and/or confused about how to manage all these updates alongside your actual work?
Today, at Small-Minded, I’m walking you through the changes, struggles, and positives of the new Facebook layout for your small-town business!
Facebook Changes and Features:
- Pro: New layout. You now have to transition from your personal account a separate business page account. This is a major advantage because you no longer have the confusion of which account is being used for likes, comments, etc as you scroll and engage. Also, it will only show information from brands and businesses you want to connect with on behalf of your business! A great advantage for networking and interacting with your audience on Facebook.
- Con: Glitches. I’m an avid user of Creator Studio for planning out posts. However, I have been running into some problems when posting. Keep in mind anytime there is a new rollout there are going to be things that don’t work; oftentimes I wait a day and the problem is fixed. You can always submit a claim to Facebook for constructive points.
- Con: Lower reach. I’m not sure if it’s algorithm, content, or the season, but what I’m doing is taking new risks. Now is a time to stretch and try new things in your content plan and strategy. See below for ways to do so.
- Facebook Groups. One way to combat the lower reach, is that I have joined Groups that are specific to my client’s industries. These groups allow you to ask questions, give you a little extra attention, and drives extra traffic to your Facebook Page.
- Facebook Ads. I have set-up ad campaigns to help increase engagement and grow awareness. These can be done for as little as $1/day, so no need to spend big bucks for paid promotion.
- If you want to grow organic traffic, return to the roots of small-town business:
- Take pictures of your town and share them out.
- Share stories of people and lessons learned.
- Talk about who you help.
- Show up and share your face!
Step by Step Video from Molly!
Would having a visual guide for the updates be beneficial for you? No worries! Molly has you covered at the link below:
Follow for More
MKM Live weekly trainings are back each Tuesday at noon on IG and Facebook! Be sure to check out the “Events” tab on Facebook to see our weekly topics and RSVP for the training that fits best for you!