Episode 19: Mailbag 2.0
NEW, NEW, NEW! Hot off the mic this week is an episode all about your burning questions!
On Instagram, followers submitted the musings on their hearts and minds, and we dive into each with short segments in Episode 19 of Small-Minded.
Today’s episode is all your small-business social media questions to help you get your 2021 marketing started off on the right foot.
A LOT of questions revolve around Instagram marketing, and in early 2021 we plan to launch another round of our signature Instagram Academy program from Molly Knuth Media. This 5-week group coaching program will help you learn the strategies for operating an Instagram account for your business, as well as give you the hottest insights and growth hacks to grow your followers.
To get on the waitlist and be the first to know about our winter ’21 Instagram Academy, join the waitlist here.
If you’d like Molly to answer one of your burning questions about small towns or small business, send us a message on one of the social platforms linked below! We may just use it in a future mailbag episode!
Hot links mentioned in the episode
- Carving out time in your business to strategize and plan your marketing
- uplevel when you feel ready
- go easy at first
- don’t pressure yourself or overcommit
- choose one platform and a manageable number of posts per week
- create habits
- checking insights
- making a plan
- taking action to implement that plan
- How to get more engagements on posts
- first, know your audience and what is important to them
- figure out what they most need and value from you -→ analyzing your insights helps with this
- Facebook: video, posts with multiple images, adding a messenger button, giveaways, or community-centric posts play well for engagement
- Instagram: stickers on stories, carousels, reels, calls to action
- What to talk about on Instagram stories
- create conversations with your followers using polls and question boxes or quizzes
- create a weekly series
- behind-the-scenes of your business
- you talking to the camera
- How to add music on Instagram Reels
- Business v. Creator accounts
- InShot app
- How to balance post topics for business social media accounts
- first, get consistent
- post anything you have handy in your content library
- then, use the pillar system – shout out to the Queen, Allie Reeves
- pick a big topic for the month
- pick a smaller topic for each week
- all content that week feeds into your weekly topic which supports your monthly topic
- Hashtags on Instagram
- do your research
- make a spreadsheet
- use the HishHash app
- Finding content ideas for social media when you have no inspiration
- Ask your Audience
- Keep a list in your Notes App
- Consider FAQs
- Follow other accounts that inspire you and save to reimagine/repurpose for yourself
- How to schedule posts
- on Canva
- on Facebook
- on Instagram
- on Planoly
Want more? Listen to Episode 19 of the Small-Minded Podcast for details.
Available on iTunes and Spotify. Share this episode to your IG story or leave a review to help us reach more small-town small business owners!
Follow for More
AND to get on the waitlist and be the first to know about our winter ’21 Instagram Academy, join the waitlist here.