Friends, you will LOVE today’s episode with Ruthie Sterrett. We had so much fun and I know it will come through the speakers.
Join me as I totally nerd out on all things marketing for small business. I have so much respect for how Ruthie can break down big concepts and make them easily digestible and actionable.
This podcast episode is full of takeaways for you to apply TODAY to get not just views, but a real impact.
- Ruthie is the face behind The Consistency Corner, a content management and marketing strategy agency for businesses. She offers done for you and done with you marketing plans, courses, and guidance.
- Ruthie loved her career in retail but needed more flexibility with a growing family. She was able to replace her corporate income in just three months but had spent the previous 18 months laying the groundwork for that transition.
- It is SO important to narrow in on your ideal customer and keep them in mind. Stick to your brand’s and your personal WHY.
- Books Ruthie recommends: Onward by Howard Schultz and Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller
- “The customer is always right, but not everyone is your ideal customer”
- Ruthie’s success equation: (Time + Consistency + Intensity you can maintain) x Belief = Result. If something’s not working, brush up on your algebra skills and work backward from this equation.
- “Social Media is not a marketing strategy just like a coffee cup isn’t coffee. It’s a container for your coffee. Social media is a container for your content, which is part of your marketing strategy.”
- “Pick the platforms that you can show up on consistently over time, and really hone in on those as your needle-movers”
- Attract, nurture, convert: One piece of content cannot do all three
- One BIG takeaway from today: Check out Ruthie’s gift to listeners of a holiday content planner with six weeks of content prompts!