My friends, today you are in for a TREAT with today’s guest. Amanda Walker of The Best Damn Coach podcast and program is so fun and brings the ENERGY. She is so great at taking hard to understand concepts and making them clear, concise, and actionable.
In this episode we talk about goals, mindset, and reverse engineering outcomes.
- Amanda is a Certified Master Coach and became a coach for the first time as a 15-year-old to pee-wee basketball boys. She went on to become a high school teacher and coach, Level 1 Crossfit Coach, Precision Nutrition Coach, Certified Master Life Coach, and NLP and hypnotherapy practioner. Whew!
- Amanda left teaching after ten years and not feeling tapped in to her full potential. She now coaches coaches to get the best possible results for their clients.
- Teaching taught Amanda to reverse engineer results, something she brings to coaching today: “What is that outcome that I desire and how can I break that down into smaller steps so that I get there in the end?”
- How are teachers different than coaches? Teachers give step-by-step instructions but might not help with implementation and planning. Coaches help understand implementation and accountability.
- “Mindset and the internal work is about 75% of the equation and the other remaining part is strategy.”
- Amanda says to get clear where you want to go, even in the first year, and then thing and act like that future person.
- Books Amanda recommends: Big Leap by Gay Hendricks and The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
- If you are considering outsourcing bookkeeping or financial services, and intensive day with Sheila Hansen, CPA is THE way to get started. Learn more on Sheila’s website on the services tab. (P.S. Sheila has been a guest on the podcast before!)
- I literally cried happy tears the first time I used Flodesk for my email list. Not only was it BY FAR the easiest platform I had tried, my emails were beautiful and matched my branding! Use my link for 50% off Flodesk.
Connect with Amanda
Amanda is offering a free masterclass, sign up here. Connect with Amanda on Instagram or Facebook and find more information about working with her on her website. Amanda is the host of The Best Damn Coach podcast.