Hey there, listener! I’m sure you have heard that you can either spend time or money, and I’m focusing on that sentiment today.
Time is your most precious commodity and in this week’s quick solocast I’m sharing what I do to buy back time in my business.
Invest in education (programs, courses, workshops)
- You can save time by learning from a program or course rather than learning everything yourself.
- In my early days I invested in The Social Media Marketer Society for a year and found it to be very helpful for that state of business.
- I loved Allie Reeves’s Hashtag Like A Boss training. It was just 90 minutes but PACKED with value.
- I did NOT love an email marketing workshop course I signed up for. I ignored the weird tingles and red flags. Don’t do what I did!
Implement systems and softwares in the backend of your business
- Set up as many systems as you can to prevent having to make decisions or lose time finding documents and communication.
- I share some systems for how we get this podcast to your ears and how we work with our Done For You clients
- Software my team uses: Clickup, Slack, Dubsado
Invest in people
- Have other people get you where you want to go quicker
- Shoutout to my AMAZING virtual assistant Megan! She specializes in admin tasks in is such an amazing part of my team. Virtual assistants can be generalists or specialize depending on your needs. Definitely do a vibe check before bringing someone on board!
- Speaking of VAs, they are so helpful and are a great resource when a full employee isn’t a good fit yet.
- Consider outsourcing to a specialized contractor like a coach.