Hey there, listener!
This week on the podcast we have Brooke Happe of B.E. Happe Designs (like “Happy.” What a perfect name!) I’ve followed her for a long time and am a big fan of her hats and RV lifestyle. When I finally got to work with her this year I knew she HAD to be a podcast guest.
Brooke’s story is so cool. How often do you meet product-based business owners who travel the United States in an RV while homeschooling their three children? Brooke manages this while staying committed to her mission of giving back. I’m so excited to have Brooke share her story and way of life.
- Brooke is behind Be Happe Designs, a lifestyle brand known for amazing hats, a mission of giving, and RV life inspiration. She is also a homeschooling mom to three children.
- Brooke left practice as a Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2016 to stay home with her young children. She picked up crochet to keep her hands strong and was “hooked.”
- She received many compliments on her slouchy hats and friends encouraged her to sell them. She did local markets and always donated one hat for each hat sold.
- After a health crisis with her son in 2018, Brooke learned that many of the toys and supplies for child life at Blank Children’s Hospital in Des Moines were donated. To keep up with the demand of her hats, and to give back in a way that was meaningful to her family, she started donating a portion of profits to the hospital. She still does this today.
- Brooke pitched the idea to sell everything and travel. The flexibility of her husband’s work (even pre-pandemic) meant they could live anywhere near an airport. After a 26-day trip to Florida to test the waters, they knew this was the life for them. They’re still traveling full-time three years later.
- Brooke loves how RV living has modeled for her kids to follow their dreams and think outside of the box. Her once-shy kids now make friends easily.
- Brooke says their unique lifestyle brings some challenges, but overall brings the family together and allows them to pick what brings them joy. She regularly shares great tips for overcoming challenges and embracing the positives on her blog.