Hey there, and welcome to this week’s episode of The Found Podcast!
Today I’m chatting with my longtime social media friend and recent real-life friend Maddie Peschong.
Maddie is a photographer turned brand photographer and coach. She’s just so sweet and authentic which really comes through in this week’s interview. Her advice is simple and straightforward, and she shares strategies you can apply today to uplevel your own personal brand.
So let’s dig in to this interview!
- Maddie has been a photographer for ten years and changed her focus to branding exclusively in the last 18 months. She summarizes her business to say she takes the photos that help people grow.
- Maddie has an interesting career path that has followed her big energy. She studied journalism in college and worked for some big brands before returning to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She worked at a marketing agency while building her photography business up to full time.
- She loves when clients look behind the camera and see a whole new version of themselves.
- Ironically, Maddie says brand photography isn’t for everyone. The daily things you do to connect are important too!
- Maddie says choosing between how you show up online for yourself and what your audience needs from you is a Venn Diagram. You need to be in the intersection of both.
- Personal branding allows business owners to change their minds: “Personal branding is based on people and people change.”
- Maddie discusses her Three Rs: Reputation, Rapport, and Relationships. Her new group coaching program, Rebrand, focuses on these essential elements of a strong personal brand.
- Two things you can do for your personal brand today: Take some time to imagine and journal your ideal business. A little simpler: Give Instagram stories a try.
- Maddie mentions Suzy Holman and the podcast Normal Gossip as some personal brands she likes to follow.