Hey there, listener! This episode comes to you from my NEW BUILDING on my birthday! In a previous episode I shared the BIG NEWS that MKM has purchased a brick-and-mortar location in downtown Cascade. We took possession on June 1 and I’m hanging out here every chance I get!
This will eventually include an ACTUAL podcast studio but for today I’m improvising. We’re throwing it back to a tried and true mailbag episode! Thanks for sending your questions to me on social media! I got a little enthusiastic about only a few questions, so this might have to need a part 2! Let’s dig in.
What are you doing with the building?
I know, right? Especially when all the rage is to get out of the office and have freedom! It’s important for me to put my money where my mouth is, and I want to be part of the revitalization of downtown.
The new MKM space will facilitate a flexible work schedule. I’m not requiring anyone to come in, but I want the option if they want the option!
This HUGE building came up and I’m looking forward to a personal office, flex spaces for my team, and a large conference area. I’d love to host our workshops and programming in person!
Not an office-office, definitely more of a hybrid situation.
TikToks and Reels?
I so empathize with you here! TikTok and Instagram are not friends and don’t play nicely together. Short format video is big right now and each platform has something to offer.
- Even though you can, I don’t recommend downloading a video from one platform and posting it on the other. The video quality is poor and the platforms suppress video made in the other.
- I get around this by editing video in In Shot and uploading it separately to each platform
How do I increase engagement this summer?
It’s such a weird time in the algorithms right now!
- With 1500 followers I could expect 200-500 reach on Instagram posts and 400-500 posts on Facebook. This year at this time I’m lucky to get 100!
- I’m figuring out Facebook but my Instagram is still weird
- Instagram is going through some stuff right now. I’m calling it their teenage years.
- Instagram has rolled out some changes that people aren’t liking. I think if we stick with it they will roll those back in a few months.
- Post where your heart is and your people are!
- Find new ways to measure success like DMs.
- Success is in engagement, not exposure
- Show yourself raw and candid.
- Focus on the people you’re helping.
- Keep Facebook posts simple and start conversations.
With all the ways I could be growing, how do I manage my time?
- Let go of timeframes and established dates: We can rewrite the rules!
- Priorities shift based on the season
How do I avoid shiny object syndrome?
- Focus your vision and ultimate desire for your business. When opportunities come your way you will be able to identify them as valuable
When to pivot without leaving people behind?
- Take it slowly and surely
- Reflect on if it’s just burnout or if it’s a building feeling that you are not where you want to be
- Remember it’s okay to change your mind!
- Give yourself the gift of time
- You honor you. It’s your business.
July Social School
MKM is breaking down ads on Meta so they don’t have to be so darn tricky anymore! Sign up for 7 days of bitesize trainings and tutorials. This is for the small town business owner who is empowered, excited, and READY to understand paid advertising. You’ll be setting up and running your own ads and you’ll understand what the heck those stats mean.
July’s membership is focusing on ads only, but we’d love you to take advantage of the annual membership discount!
DM me on Instagram with questions or visit the shop to sign up!
MKM Business School
School is in session, my friend! MKM business school is for the female small town business owner in years 2-7 of her business. She’s established and needs guidance to grow! When should you add to your team? How are you setting boundaries? Find a circle that can elevate you to create something that lasts.
Business school includes
- Monthly guest professor visit on a focus topic
- Two monthly office hours with a service provider
- Monthly hot seat for members to come together and build relationships
- Access to the ENTIRE MKM video training library
- Access to our business service provider directory
DM me on Instagram or sign up with an email to email@example.com with the subject line “MKM Business School.”