Welcome listeners to a special episode today with guest, Arica Ohloff.
Arica is one of my favorite people to talk to because she is so engaging, intelligent, and a magician at reading people.
You see, Arica is a strengths coach who hones in on what makes people special in order to brings out their greatness. When it comes to value, Arica truly believes every single person has potential and within seconds of speaking with her, you know that she belives that in her core. By working with individuals to determine their unique strengths, she helps teams put members in the right seats to maximize potential and impact in their organizations.
Get out your notebook, pen, or the Notes app on your phone and get ready because this is a good one friends!
- Instead of making someone more well-rounded, Arica focuses on making people more star shaped so they can define their points in order to be world-class examples of their strong suits: “We are raised in society to focus on what we don’t do well. Let’s start putting people in roles where they are dominate.”
- “As parents when we can see what sets our kids apart from their classmates, tell them! What do your kids learn really rapidly? What do they have a natural leaning towards?” Arica shares her thoughts on raising children to look within and hone their strengths as young people.
- Leaning into a team approach versus an “I-can-do-everything” approach allows you as a business owner and leader to go further than imagined and grow exponentially.
- Arica shares her love of the book The E Myth, which covers the three roles necessary to fill in an entrepreneurial venture:
- Technician – someone who can perform the technical skill or manufacture a product
- Manager – focused on achieving results as a team through systems
- Visionary – defines what the business is and where it will go in the future
- Arica’s favorite quote from Joseph Campbell reminds us that we’re naturally wired differently: “Kindness is loaning someone else your strengths without reminding them of their weakness.”
- Arica recommends Gallup’s CliftonStrengths Assessment if you’d like to figure out more about your own strengths and where you are naturally sharp.
- “We are never done growing.” We all have to do the hard work of understanding ourselves and those around us if we want to live in our zone of genius and lead a meaningful, purposeful life.
- “We’re never going to eliminate all working frustrations.” Arica talks about understanding that there is no one that thinks or behaves like you do. She recommends we get rid of the “gavels” in our working relationships and work to understand that we all have different skills we bring to the table.
- “When we show up authentically, we earn trust.” What’s your secret sauce or superpower? Arica recommends leaning in to those areas where you feel “lit up” and “in flow” to tip yourself off to those strengths that make you special.
- And so. much. more!
Get more from Arica
Arica offers complimentary discovery calls for business owners and leaders who want Arica to help their teams maximize potential. Give Arica a follow over on Instagram and Facebook and head to her website to get in contact!