Welcome listeners, today is a fun one and I cannot wait for you to listen!
Lindsy Trotter, owner of Chilled Freezer Meals and one of my BBFs (business best friends) joins Small-Minded to share her business story, strategies, and all the yumminess she has created!
One thing I love so much about Lindsy is that she continues to allow herself to grow and evolve. Owning a business wasn’t something Lindsy thought she would ever do. Coming out of college, she had a 9-5 job as an educator but after deciding to stay at home with her kids she saw the need to help busy parents make dinner time easier for their families. So she started to make freezer meals and the rest is history!
Today we go all-in with Lindsy. You’ll get a listen in to Lindsy’s driven personality and sharp business mind, and I know her story and perspective on business are going to leave you with a lot of great takeaways in life and business!
- As an Enneagram 3, Lindsy always wanted to check the next box. She got her Bachelor’s Degree, Masters’ Degree, and was going after the next step when she realized it was something she was doing only because it was the next step, NOT because she really wanted to. This gave her a gut check, and allowed her space to consider alternatives.
- “You start small and very slowly it grows.” Chilled typically preps meals in 30-40 batches. It started with batched meals of 10, and once they got good at that it grew to 20 and once they got good at 20 it grew even more. Lindsy’s methodical approach is part of what has allowed her business to scale successfully in a short amount of time.
- “Turn around and look at the little steps along the way that you’ve accomplished, don’t downplay where you’re at.” A lot of times we start following people on social media, and we see where their business is at NOW. We don’t see where they were at in the beginning.
- “Social Media is such a great place to show your customers who you are and what your mission is.” Taking social media trainings is one of the first things Lindsy invested in, and she says that investment was essential in her growth. Knowing the proper dos-and-donts helped create awareness around Chilled and gave her followers a way to share her business with their own friends and family by tagging her on social.
- Lindsy reached out to her county Iowa State Extension and the Small Business Association when developing plans and layout for her new Chilled kitchen in 2021. While there are a lot of great coaches and business strategists in the online space, Lindsy’s story reminds us to check locally too. There are so many intelligent people in (y)our area just waiting to be utilized.
- One of my favorite things about Chilled Freezer Meals is the connection to the community. Not only does Lindsy partner with local farmers to source her proteins for her recipes, but Chilled gives back in various ways by sponsoring events, providing meals for families in need, and championing local efforts.
Shop with Chilled!
Want to try Chilled for yourself? Follow Chilled and shop through their website, Instagram, and Facebook! I recommend the breakfast burritos!!!
Follow for More
Follow Small-Minded on Instagram and Facebook
Be the first to comment