Today I welcome my goddaughter and MKM employee, Nora Noonan!
Nora is here today to talk about her public education beginning in Bernard, Iowa. While being the only girl in her class until second grade and having two graduations by sixth grade, Nora reflects on class sizes, activities and trying new things!
Nora has been able to experience many things throughout her high school years and is about to start her college academics at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa. Nora has taken it upon herself to go after every opportunity that has come her way, getting marketing and hands-on experience at Two Ginger’s Tavern, KDST Radio Station, and MKM. While also getting a taste of the labor-intensive side by working for her family’s business, Noonan Fencing.
- “Public speaking class helped me in life just knowing how to market myself.” Nora talks about
- The college credit process at the high school was a great opportunity for high school students like Nora to get a taste of the college course load and jump starting them into what college academics would be like.
- “It’s about the people you meet and the connections you establish.” Nora reflects on all of the opportunities she has been given and not being afraid to try out different avenues.
- “I’m super grateful I took a chance.”
- “Try your own thing.” It’s easy to be associated with what other family has done in a small town. Do your own thing.