You guys. Today’s episode is a good one.
Marissa Hoffmann co-owner and co-founder of The Midwest Girl joins me today to share the story of the family brand her sister and her started six years ago.
The passion in Marissa’s voice is enough to know she loves what she does and it’s something magical.
It hasn’t always been easy and the vulnerability Marissa shares throughout today’s episode is so honest and authentic.
The Midwest Girl has so much to offer for fashionistas and Midwest USA fans, and I love that Marissa is here today to share the story!
- “You might look back at what you did starting out and cringe a little bit, but it was a start and it’s brought us our success today.”
- “Good things don’t happen overnight.” It took about four years for Midwest Girl to really take off and Marissa shares the struggles and determination it took to keep going.
- “It’s not about reinventing the wheel every time.” You listen to your customers and look at your numbers. A lot of times simple is what people want.
- A lot of times business growth starts with an idea that might not come from your own head. Marissa shares how wholesale merchandise has been a great additional income stream for their business.
- “You just start and figure it out.”
- Coming from a town of 1200 people and continuing to remember her roots, Marissa shares how the brand is built on community and being proud of where she comes from.