Friend, trust me when I say you’ll want a notebook as you listen to this one. Today I’m sitting down with my friend, Erika Hermsen of Sweat Inspire Sisterhood, and I know you’re going to have so many takeaways from this episode.
Not only has Erika changed my life (no joke) with her at-home fitness and nutrition programs that are perfect for small-town women with limited access to gyms, but she has grown a business and community like no other I’ve ever been part of.
Erika’s mission is to help women in small towns live their best life. With her programs she helps busy women sweat daily with at-home workouts and nutrition programs. No gym equipment is necessary, just dumbbells, a yoga mat, and you’re in! In addition to the live workouts and library of hundreds of prerecorded trainings on the app, you get access to the Sisterhood Facebook group, a chance to win prizes from women-owned Midwest businesses, and weekly meal plans and healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox. The fitness results are great, but the confidence and connections that result are a game changer.
I love that in the years she’s been in business, Erika has moved across the country from large cities to suburbs and small towns, but in those transitions, she’s never lost sight of her mission to reach women where they are via their online platform. And as she’s grown, she’s brought other women on her team and supported women-owned small businesses by sharing them on her platform and incorporating their products into Sisterhood giveaways.
Erika’s is a business that leads with heart, and throughout the episode I hope you can see and hear the respect I have for her as a business owner and friend. Enjoy this one, my friends!
- The best businesses start by listening to the needs of the people you help. S.I.S. started when Erika moved cross-country and her former fitness clients asked for a way to stay connected and receive coaching online. As her business has evolved and grown, she hasn’t forgotten this core tenant, and she continually adjusts to the needs and requests of the Sisters.
- The best business growth happens organically. Women tell their friends who tell their sisters who tell their coworkers and can grow via word of mouth.
- Play the long game with your business and adopt new methods and technologies as they develop. Start that app, incorporate video trainings, etc. and use it to help enhance your visibility and customer experience.
- Be innovative. Just like a traditional gym, Erika has other registered coaches and instructors on her team who can lead classes in specialized areas.
- “The only way to truly grow is to bring in help.” Business owners can’t wear all the hats forever. When the time is right, find those areas that drain your energy or don’t fall into your skillset and hire help to supplement those aspects of your business.
- When hiring, the #1 thing to look for is trust. Trust the person you are bringing on board, and they will help you reach your business goals.
- Community is what it’s all about in social media and real life.
- Supporting small businesses directly impacts the lives of people in your small town and the economy.
Join the Sisterhood!
If you want to have the guidance of a coach, the accountability of a group of supportive women, and the convenience of doing all this from home, check out Sweat Inspire Sisterhood! At the beginning of each month the Sisterhood has a 7-day free challenge so you can have a test run or you can dive in and join the program! Visit https://www.sweatinspiresisterhood.com/ to view her offers or follow @sweatinspiresisterhood on Facebook and Instagram.
Follow for More
For more about our Instagram workshops this month at MKM visit mollyknuthmedia.com/shop.